One of our signature dishes is our wild mushroom soup, heart-warming and deliciously rich.
Ingredients: 400g Icelandic mushrooms or fresh field mushrooms 2 large white onions 100g dried mushrooms 200g mixed frozen mushrooms (ceps, porcini or similar) 5 tbs vegetable oil 300g butter 100g plain white flour 100ml white wine 100 ml Madeira 500ml water 2000ml double or heavy cream 3 tbs mushroom powder (you can make your own or buy)
Method: 1. Slice the mushrooms and onions thinly
2. Take a large heavy-based saucepan and gently heat the oil
3. Gently fry the fresh mushrooms, onions and frozen mushrooms for 5 minutes
4. Pour all the wine into the pan and let it boil until the wine has reduced to almost nothing
5. Add the water to the pan
6. Now add the dried mushrooms and stir
7. Add the mushroom powder into the pan and let the mixture boil for 20 minutes
8. Now add the cream into the pot and let it simmer for 60 min
9. In a small pan place 100g of the butter heat gently and let it melt, then add flour into it and combine it together to make a roux.Whisk the roux mixture into the soup and continue whisking until the soup thickens
10. Let the soup simmer for 10 min and then add the re-maining 200g of the butter
11. Blitz the soup with a hand-held blender
12. Season with salt and pepper, also it is very good to add little bit of sherry vinegar at the end.